A Portable, Fast, Accurate Hardness Gauge Available in Several Models for Testing Materials such as Aluminum, Brass, Copper and Mild Steel.
Applications and Features
Applications for Webster Hardness Testers are:
- Identifies heat-treated from nonheat-treated parts.
- Provides correlation between a bench mounted hardness tester and the production line.
- Segregates materials in stock.
- Differentiates between soft or work-hardened material.
- Identifies parts made from improper or substandard alloys.
- Checks for proper heat-treatment response.
- Useful in conjunction with stationary laboratory hardness testers. Gives a rapid 100% check on parts which would consume many man hours with slower operating test equipment.
- Can be used on assemblies that cannot be brought to the labs.
Webster Hardness Testers Feature:
- One hand operation and portability.
- Round 3/8 inch diameter anvil permits testing a great variety of shapes.
- Simple operation permits readings independent of the operator's skill.
- Test is made by simply applying pressure to the handles until 'bottom' is felt.
- Easy-to-read dial indicator with 20 graduations permits use of the tester as 'go' and 'no-go' gauge, or values can be converted to other standard scales.
- Standard hardness gauge tests materials up to 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Increased capacities available up to 1 inch.