The 964 Portable 0/45 Spectrophotometer allows you to obtain absolute and difference measurements in the lab, plant, or field for a wide range of colorimetric systems, including: CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH, CMC, CIE94, Whiteness and Yellowness per ASTM E313-98, Metamerism Index and DIN 6172.
- Easy to read, large graphical LCD display.
- Multiple color standards can be collected under an identified project as part of corporate color standards programs.
- A programmed sequence of specific steps to guide an operator through a color measurement process, assuring consistency.
- Up to 1,024 standards with tolerances can be stored for easy pass/fail measurement.
- Interchangeable apertures—measuring geometrics can be changed to accommodate a range of samples.
- Superior agreement capabilities ensures integrity of multiple-instrument color control.
- Device measures opacity, color strength in chromatic, apparent, and tri-stimulus calculations, and 555 shade sorting for precise color control of products involving plastic, painted, or textile materials.
- A wrist strap and tactile side grips facilitate holding and a flip back target shoe adds flexibility.
- Rechargeable battery allows for remote use.
- The 964 is easy to read and easy to use, regardless of the skill level of the operator. Its Pass/Fail mode is a fast way for users to evaluate color accuracy against an established standard.
- When paired with Color iQC or Color iMatch software, the 964 offers increased control over QC and color formulation activities.
- The 964 captures color data that helps identify variation in incoming materials, production batches and more, reducing the color approval cycle and speeding time to market.
- Its wide colorimetric range meets a number of CIE certifications and includes CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH, CME, CIE94, Whiteness and Yellow.
- Interchangeable apertures are available to accommodate measurement of a range of samples, and its rechargeable battery allows for remote use.
When used with X-Rite NetProfiler, a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, variance among instruments used in various parts of the color workflow is reduced.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||
0.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.20 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||21.5mm or 9mm and 6.5mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
|Light Source||Gas-filled tungsten lamp|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||15mm or 7mm and 4mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Color Spaces||CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH,|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11 & F12|
|Observers||2° & 10°|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||1 or dual|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||19.6 cm, 8.4cm, 10.9cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||36cm, 30cm, 20cm|
|Instrument Display||Graphic LCD|
|Languages Supported||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
(within 8 hours)
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Calibration||White and Zero|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|